Friday, August 20, 2021

Albuquerque Railyards and Sunday shopping

 I wanted to get some fresh veggies so I could eat healthier. I don't have a garden or a green thumb so I usually get whatever at the store. I tried something different this week.

Who is it for: All ages, all incomes, there is something for everybody.

What: Fresh fruits, vegetables, spices, salsa, jerky, arts, honey, food trucks, entertainment. all locally sourced. 

When: Sundays 10am - 2pm, May to October.

Where: 777 1st St. SW, Albuquerque

Why: Support local farmers, and vendors

How: by car with free parking, bike with bike valet, Bus, and Rail runner train. They even have curbside pickup. 

Railyard Market is half inside the former blacksmith shop for the railroad. Half outside on the plaza so put on some sunblock. there are over 100 vendors to visit so you may want to allow for a few hours to see them all. There is a lot to see, do, and sample. Bring a backpack or a reusable bag to store all your purchases. 

Alien Mustang
My experience went this way. 

Alien Mustang with helicopter parts

 We were greeted at the entrance with a car show. I like cars. I couldn't resist the alien car. Well mostly car. Its a mix of multiple different mustangs and some helicopter parts. He created the alien to raise spirits during the pandemic. I know it made people smile. 

Then proceed to the start of the market at the bike valet and welcome booth. Here you can ask questions, park your bike, or purchase some double up tokens with EBT. They charge your card and give you double the amount of tokens for purchases of fresh fruits and vegetables and some other vendor items. You can use the tokens at other growers markets in the future. You can also pick up your preordered mixed veggie box with a variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables. that could kickstart some healthy eating. Next up the plaza with tempting food trucks. So many options its hard to choose. I bought a baklava from Fat City eats and treats. It truly was a treat. I got some fresh carrots, red onions and zucchini from Black mesa farm from San Felipe pueblo. Smoked garlic Jerky from Bar X. I admired many artists designs including Super rad designs Zia empire shirt. I got a steak seasoning spice blend from Chef Rick of old Norse world cuisine. Salsa from Alma's salsa. We ran out of time at 2pm closing time. I will have to return to visit the inside. If you have any Railyard favorites please feel free to comment on this post. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. 

Here is the railyard markets page with lots of info http://railyardsmarket.org/

here is a simple map with a vendor list http://maps.managemymarket.com/4512

Fat city eats and treats

    

Black Mesa farm 


Old Norse world spice blends


Super Rad designs 


Bar X Jerky 


No comments:

Post a Comment